Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sandwich Firefighters



I strongly believe in giving back to the community in which you live and do business. So, about five years ago I photographed the entire Sandwich Fire Department, both in their formal dress uniforms and some fun ones with their gear on with the firetruck and equipment. I had a lot of fun doing it, and donated a free 8x10 to each firefighter to give to their spouse or mother. What a great group! I also photographed the Chief, Dennis Newman, at the time and a large wall portrait of him hung proudly in Town Hall.



Well, recently I was asked to come back again in order to photograph all the recently hired, and of course, the new Chief, George Russell. So here are a few of the images from that session. At the end, some of the older guys wanted to "initiate" the new guys into the group by squirting them with the fire hose at the end of the photo shoot. They took it with a great sense of humor, don't you think? I elected to stand waaaay back for that shot though....


One thing that I found really impressive was that several of the guys I met previously now had their sons join them on the department, so I was fortunate enough to photograph some father/son portraits too.

No comments: