Friday, November 30, 2007

Boston Marathon 4/07








In April, I had the thrill of photographing the famous Boston Marathon. I was fortunate to have unlimited access, and could go to the finish line
as well as photographing in all the medical tents. My job was to record
the vast team of medical professionals, doctors, nurses, EMT's, etc. who volunteer for the day to process hundreds of patients. It is an amazing operation, and the logistics are staggering. I witnessed many wonderful sights that day, some of kindness, some of courage or bravery. One thing I saw that made my jaw drop. A unit of Marines, wearing full packs, and combat uniforms, ran through in a straight line. Since my own son is a Marine, (who served in Iraq, and is thankfully home safe now) this really touched my heart.

No comments: