Friday, November 30, 2007

My Garden Party Art Show 8/07


Above Event Photos provided by Dianne Marshall

In addition to photographing portraits, I also can paint them. This August I was finally able to have an exhibit of my paintings for clients and friends. We had it in the garden for about 50 people, with great food, and live jazz music playing. It was very exciting because the subjects in the paintings had not seen them yet, so it was a complete surprise to them when they were "unveiled" to everyone. I had chosen some beautiful children of deserving moms that give to the community, such as the head of the PTA, and other volunteers.






Here are some other images from the show too.


My theme for this self-assignment was to paint in the style of John Singer Sargent, one of my favorite artists. Here are a few examples. What is your favorite???



Next year I plan to do another show, with the theme of Norman Rockwell. Do you know someone who would be a great subject for that? If so, email me at MrsTsPhoto@aol.com. If you would like to book a session to have a painted portrait done of someone you love, call the studio today to book it (508)539-8134.
I promise you will cherish this for the rest of your life, and it will grow in value over the years as it becomes a family heirloom.

No comments: