Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bad Videographers!!!



Okay, SERIOUSLY???


Well, when you have done weddings for twenty years you have pretty much seen & dealt with everything. Mostly it is a joy and an honor every time I go. I LOVE weddings, and often feel very close to my couples, and their families, and they often become lifelong clients. However, occasionally I have to work with someone who is so counter to the unobtrusive way that I work, that it is really frustrating.
I had a case at this wedding, where there was a video team, that were shooting constantly from literally 2-3 feet from their face the whole time, therefore blocking the view of all the guests, parents, and any of my shots as well. No matter where I stood or turned, there were always these two guys flanking the bride & groom at every moment. Take a look at this and see if you agree with me. Needless to say these are not videographers that are members of PPOCC.org group, whom I do recommend. I have blocked the faces out of the very lovely bride and groom to protect the innocent. But I really do not understand why these "professional" videographers would need to be this close, and "in your face". Do you? Can't be flattering.

Well anyway, finally I decided to amuse myself by photographing them in the photos too. There are more, but you get the idea. Okay, thanks for listening to my rant. I feel better now....

1 comment:

Erin&Joshua said...

Mrs. T,

I had to laugh when I read this post. Our videographer said that he was aware of the photographer but based on many of my photos from my wedding - he was not! Some of our favorites have him right there in plan view :( So I understand your rant!

Thanks again for taking our photos on the holiday, I know my mom appreciated it.

Erin Jakan (Trayner Family)