Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Restore Old Photos 6/08









I have a special place in my heart for old antique photos. I feel a connection to the photographers of yesteryear, and find it endearing that they were photographing families, newlyweds, babies, and everything photographers of the digital revolution do today. I find it fascinating to look at their backgrounds, and studio props, the names & locations of the studios, and most of all their subjects. I love to hear from my clients what they know of their ancestor and who they were.
I collect them now, and often buy them when I am at flea markets and antique stores. They are not my ancestors, but they all become my family now that I have become their caretaker. Not surprising then that I LOVE to restore old photographs. I go in and correct cracks or damage, and can make a new print (or prints) for you in any size, while still preserving the original. Do you have a loved one that you would like to have "restored"?? If so, email me for a quote at MrsTsPhoto@aol.com. If you mention you saw this in the blog, I will give you one extra 5x7 as my gift!!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Debra i have a couple of old photos that were imprinted on tin. Can you take photo of and blow up so i can see my grandfathers face? Gloria

Mrs.T said...

Yes Gloria. I certainly can reproduce and restore an image printed on tin. It is a good idea to
do this, not only to be able to see your grandfather's face more clearly, but to preserve this valuable family image. Unfortunately, it will continue to fade and deteriorate with each year. However, if we capture a copy of it now, we can save it for perhaps another 100 years. I'd love to see it! Call the studio at (508)539-8134 or email me at MrsTsPhoto@aol.com.